Whole-Apple Apple Pie!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top off and cut a square around the core. Pull it out (with a spoon if necessary).
- Scoop out the insides and mix with brown sugar (to taste, I used 1/3 cup for these three) with a pinch of ground cinnamon, set aside juices left in bowl.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch to 1/4 inch slices (I used the store brand-ready-to-go kind as I’m hosting a dinner party and have other dishes to make!)
- Basket weave the strips into a pretty topping.
- Mix an egg white into the brown sugar mixture left over from the apple filling.
- Brush on egg white/brown sugar. Place apples in deep pan with about a 1/2 inch of water. Cover in foil and bake at 375 for 15 min. Uncover, and continue baking for about 40 min or until tops are golden brown <3
- When pies are done let them cool on a baking rack for a minute or two then serve with vanilla ice cream for a creative down-home American dessert!